Our address is 39b Cambridge Street, Wellingborough NN8 1DW
Your personal data relates to any living individual who can be identified from that data.
Identification can come from the information held but may also come through any other information available to the data controller.
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
alecnetwork.org.uk is the data controller (contact details are on website). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Alecnetwork.org.uk complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To enable us to provide a website membership service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer website membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the website membership;
- To manage our self-employed agent/members, organisations and partners;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Alecnetwork.org.uk;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about membership news, events, activities and services.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation Alecnetwork.org.uk membership under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by Alecnetwork.org.uk with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: -
The processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with Alecnetwork.org.uk in connection with those purposes); and
There is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Alecnetwork.org.uk membership in order to carry out a service to members or for purposes connected with the membership. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain data while it is still current and up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate, or as specified by governmental legislation.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Alecnetwork.org.uk holds about you;
- The right to request that Alecnetwork.org.uk corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Alecnetwork.org.uk to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to data portability;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Alecnetwork.org.uk by email
, or by letter to:- 39b Cambridge Street, Wellingborough NN8 1DW.